Leszek Miś is the Founder of Defensive Security (www.defensive-security.com), Principal Trainer and Security Researcher with over 16 years of experience in Cyber Security and Open Source Security Solutions market. He went through the full path of the infosec carrier positions: from OSS researcher, Linux administrator, and system developer and DevOps, through penetration tester and security consultant delivering hardening services and training for the biggest players in the European and global market, to become finally an IT Security Architect / SOC Security Analyst with deep non-vendor focus on Network Security attack and detection. He’s got deep knowledge about finding blind spots and security gaps in corporate environments. Perfectly understands technology and business values from delivering structured, automated adversary simulation platform.
Recognized speaker and trainer: BruCON 2017/2018, Black Hat USA 2019, OWASP Appsec US 2018, FloCon USA 2018, Hack In The Box Dubai / Amsterdam / Singapore / Abu Dhabi 2018/2019/2020, 44CON UK 2019, Confidence PL, PLNOG, Open Source Day PL, Secure PL, Advanced Threat Summit PL
Member of OWASP Poland Chapter.
Author of many IT Security trainings:
- Open Source Defensive Security → The Trinity of Tactics for Defenders
- In & Out → Network Exfiltration and Post-Exploitation Techniques [RED EDITION]
- In & Out → Detection of Network Exfiltration and Post-Exploitation Techniques [BLUE EDITION]
- System Internals – Network, OS and Memory Forensics
- SELinux → Development & Administration of Mandatory Access Control Policy
- Advanced RHEL/CentOS Defensive Security & Hardening
- ModSecurity → Development and Management of Web Application Firewall rules
- FreeIPA → Identity Management for Linux Domain Environments & Trusts
Holds many certifications: OSCP, RHCA, RHCSS, Splunk Certified Architect.
His areas of interest include network “features” extraction, OS internals and forensics. Constantly tries to figure out what the AI/ML Network Security vendors try to sell. In free time he likes to break into “IoT world” just for fun. Still learning hard every single day.
- In & Out (Purple Edition) - Detection as Code vs Adversary Simulations
- Free Workshop: Threat Detection and Hunting with PurpleLabs #1 [16 February]
- Free Workshop: Threat Detection and Hunting with PurpleLabs #2 [16 March]
- BLUE EDITION In & Out: Network Data Exfiltration Techniques | 24 & 25 September 2020 2020-09-24
- In & Out - Adversary Simulations vs Hunting: PURPLE Edition [March 2021] 2021-03-29
- In & Out - Adversary Simulations vs Hunting: PURPLE Edition [HITB2021AMS Virtual] 2021-05-24